Hope everything is brilliant in London! We are settling in well out here in sunny LA and Huck wanted to say hello before you break up for Easter. Here are a few things he would love to share with 1IH about his recent experiences:
- My new school is called Canyon Elementary. Year 1 is called Kindergarten here and my new teacher is called Mrs Gorman.
- We have a lot of homework – I have to do some every night!
- We play a lot of sport – I’ve learnt a new game called polo, which is a cross between hockey & quidditch. We also play basketball and soccer.
- California is 8 hours behind the UK, so I start school just as you finish each day!
- Breaktime is called recess, sweets are called candy and zebra crossings are called crosswalks.
- My new school has a library but it’s not as cool as the Rosendale library bus. I have discovered a new book series called Captain Underpants – it’s really funny.
- It’s really sunny and the beach is fun but I miss my class. I like looking at the blog – science week, the mosque trip and poetry day look like they were really fun.
I would love to hear from anyone who would like to send me a letter or email! Hope you had a good Easter!